Topic: Select one of the following:
- Investigate the task of washing up using a dishwasher for cutlery, crockery, glass ware and saucepans to include drying and replacing in cupboard or drawers
- Investigate the task of washing clothes (laundry) using a washing machine and dryer (or line/air drying)
- Using a supermarket auto checkout to explore a specific experience of shopping
- Discuss another topic with Sue
- You must manage social distancing according to current guidance. For example, we recommend using a mixture of face-to-face data collection within a household combined with online interviews/observations (videos).
- Observations can include short videos of the task, task simulations, on-line demonstrations – be creative!
- You could also use YouTube videos e.g.
- Use the data/information you collect to describe/show problems with the task.
- Make recommendations to improve the task
- Select one part of the task (from HTA) to do a detailed Link Analysis (e.g. control panel, room layout).
The report should include:
- Data from 4-6 participants.
- Summary HTA combined from individual detailed HTAs using plans to show differences in task actions
- Detailed Link Analysis of a component of the task
- Interviews to explore actions, preferences, obstacles etc.
- Discussion of whole task to triangulate the data from the HTAs, LAs and Interviews