SSCI206-1205A-06 Aspects of PsychologyAssignment Name:Unit 4 Individual ProjectDeliverable Length:2 -3 PagesDetails:
You have probably noticed in your educational career that some people are very good at remembering facts and therefore do well at tests that require memorization. Other students, on the other hand, struggle with tests that require memorization. To understand how memory works, this exercise will ask you to trace the memory system – from the stimuli to long-term memory.
Use your text book and research from the Internet to learn the process of memory – from beginning to end. Your description should include the following:
- Identification and description of each step in the human memory model. As you describe these steps, use an example to illustrate the process.
- Discussion of factors that enhance or impede information flow in each step of the process
- Explanation of proactive and retroactive interference and how you might counteract their effects while studying in order to facilitate maximum retention via long-term memory
- Explanation of other kinds of forgetting and a discussion of strategies that can improve memory consolidation and retrieval
Submit this in the form of a 2 -3 page paper. You can use illustrations to demonstrate the process. Be sure to document your references using the APA format.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials. Please refer to the following multimedia course material(s)
- Week 4 – Memory, Thinking, and Intelligence
- Week 4 – Types of Memory
- Week 4 – Learning and Memory
- Week 4 – Learning, Thinking, and Memory
Please use the following guidelines for formatting your assignment.
- Margins – set to one inch
- Font – 12pt. Times New Roman, no bold, or underline
- Title – center above the paper, 12 pt. font (Level A Heading), no bold, underline, or italics
- Pagination – every page; consists of a header containing a short title for the paper and page number placed in the upper right corner of the page
- Line Spacing – double space all work including the References Page.
- Point-of-View – third person, objective; limit perspective to research; no personal opinion or narrative
- In-text citations – must conform to APA requirements
- References list – must conform to APA requirements
This assignment will also be assessed using additional criteria provided here.
Please submit your assignment.