Please read the presentation above and type 1 page on the relationship between EQ, stress, and burnout. in Organizational Communication
Below is some of the context from our textbook.
– this concept suggest that there are some people who are naturally better at understanding and managing the emotional
content of workplace relationships and that emotional intelligence is also a skill that can be developed through training.
– involves both a clear understanding of the emotional needs of the situation and the self-awareness and self-control
necessary for using the right emotional display to cope with the situation.
High EQ: have a clear understanding of the rules of emotional display and an ability to follow and adapt those rules as necessary.
– Which can lead to negative psychological, physiological, and organizational outcomes.
– referring to “wearing out” from the pressures of work.
Environmental factors that are difficult for an individual to deal with:
Workload, role conflict, life events, home/work conflict
Strain that results from ongoing stressors:
Emotional exhaustion, depersonalization, decreased personal accomplishment
Physiological, attitudinal, and organizational results of burnout:
Coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, low job satisfaction, less commitment turnover
– create a strain on the individual